1 pound ground pork
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup minced red onion
¼ cup packed fresh cilantro
½ teaspoon coarse salt
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 cup pineapple juice
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 large pinch Cayenne pepper
- Mix pork, panko, onion, cilantro, and salt.
- Form into 12 meatballs, chill 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high.Cook meatballs turning occasionally until browned all over, about 7 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, vinegar, cornstarch, and cayenne.
- Add to skillet; bring to a gentle boil.
- Return meatballs to pan, cook until sauce is reduced about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add pineapple chunks; toss to coat.
- Serve with favorite salad.