Crazy Cranberry Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup halved cranberries, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Drop spoonful onto non-stick baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with milk, or half & half
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.