2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup butter, cold and cubed
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups cranberries
½ cup water
2 Tbs. butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and mix until it resembles pea sized pieces. Add the milk, and egg. Mix just until a dough forms.
2. In a medium pot, bring the filling ingredients to a boil, cook for 3 minutes. Let cool.
3. On a piece of lightly floured parchment, roll out the dough into a piece about 10 x 12 or 11 x 12. I rolled out the dough then measured it and cut off the edges to make a rectangle. Pour the filling on the dough.
4. Spread the filling to cover dough. Starting with one of the wide ends, roll up as tightly as you can.
5. Wrap the log in plastic, refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
7. Remove the cookie roll from the refrigerator and slice the cookies about 1/4 inch thick. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just starting to brown. Remove to a cooling rack.