- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat eggs, sugar. Add pumpkin
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Slowly add the dry mix to batter
- Bake on a baking sheet at 375 for 15 mins.
- Make the filling.
Step One: First, spray the pan with cooking spray, line with a sheet of parchment paper, then coat the parchment paper with cooking spray.
Step Two; Lay a dry kitchen towel slightly larger than the pan on a flat surface, and dust the towel with a thin layer of powdered sugar.
Step Three; Remove the cake from the oven, and turn the pan over onto the towel, releasing the cake and paper. Slowly peel the paper from the cake.
Step Four; Roll the towel and the cake together, pressing gently. Be sure to move slowly and carefully throughout the entire rolling process. The towel will end up coiled inside the cake.
Step Five; Cool the cake on a wire rack, seam side down. After an hour, unroll and remove the towel. The cake will be slightly wavy. Carefully spread the filling, then roll the cake.