1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cloves
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter (Crisco flavored shortening)
½ cup black strap molasses
½ boiling water
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients
- Now add the sugar, and butter
- Stir in molasses, add water as needed.
- Dough should be sticky, like peanut butter.
- Form a ball, wrap in wax paper, set in fridge.
- To roll out dough; place a towel on counter, place cookie sheet upside down, lightly grease, roll dough ¼ inch thick
- Cut out shapes, remove extra dough(make hole to hang)
- Bake 15 minutes at 350