2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
½ cup dark molasses
1 large egg
1 cup raisin
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one standard cookie shee and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cloves.
- With mixer on medium, beat together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in molasses then egg and mix until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Scrape edges of bowl with a plastic spatula.
- Flour hands then carefully press dough into even layer on the floured cookie sheet.
- Bake 17-19 minutes. Remove when toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing into bars.