Yes! I have traveled many roads, that;s what we Gypsies do. Here are a few tricks of the trade for staying healthy while enjoying the ride;
1. Eat before you get on the road; this gives you a smooth head start.
2. Meet the locals; make your pit stop at a local cafe/diner, this let’s you get the full flavor of the town you are in.
3. Use your apps, GPS, ‘good food near me’; Either for a short break of appetizers or a hearty home cooked meal, and save the fried food for your final destination.
4. Keep a secret stash on hand; Nuts or Grain Crackers even a big pickle to satisfy the crunchy crave.
5. Avoid bumps in the road and dehydration; steer clear of soda instead drink plenty of water.
6. Power up with a protein break; omelette filled with veggies or a yogurt smoothie.
7. Soak in the scenery a little at a time, same with eating- trade the heavy meal for several small ones, this helps to stay alert and not get sleepy behind the wheel.
8.Variety; play the Fruit Game, each stop you make will be a different fruit, see how many fruits it takes to drive 473 miles.
The destination may be the goal, but how we behave on the journey is the key to a happy, healthy life full of adventure.